u've got mail

Mar 29, 2019

Environmental Awareness Campaigns

Environmental Awareness Campaigns

Environmental Awareness Campaigns

The brands are now increasingly aware of environmental concerns, such as combating the unnecessary use of plastic, which is currently one of the main sources of pollution in the oceans, or combating waste by recycling materials.

In today's article, we present two good examples of environmental awareness campaigns.

"NudeFoods - New Zealand

Following the idea of reducing the use of plastics, New Zealand has launched a campaign called "Nude Foods"which intends to end the use of plastic in fresh produce in supermarkets. Instead, producers and the food industry have committed to using only 100% recyclable, reusable or biodegradable packaging by 2025.

This campaign generated a 300% increase in sales. Producers and consumers have realized that these foods retain their freshness for longer outside of conventional plastic packaging.

"We take it back" - Circular Fashion with C&A

The Dutch brand C&A has taken a huge step forward in terms of Circular Economy in its Iberian Peninsula division by creating the "We take it back" program. Available in all the brand's stores in Portugal and Spain, consumers can hand in clothing, footwear and household textiles that they no longer use so that they can be recycled and given a new lease of life.

In partnership with I:CollectC&A, a company specializing in recycling and reusing materials from the textile industry, intends to revolutionize the way the industry works, thus ending the business model based on the logic of manufacture, use and throw away. The expectations of the brand's managers are that 60% of the items collected will have a second life. The vast majority of the remaining 40% will be recycled and converted into new products.

Although there is no direct return for the customer, this is a way for us all to contribute to ending waste and creating a more sustainable economic model.



+351 211 926 120
(national fixed network call cost)